tomee-users mailing list archives

From Maaku <romongo.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with Dates in web service
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 03:51:06 GMT

This is getting frustrating, I'm trying to create a web service which returns
a custom date.

I've extended java.util.Date and I'm getting

com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeBuiltinLeafInfoImpl$5 cannot be cast
to com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ClassInfoImpl

At first, I thought it was because of the fields/methods that I have but
then I tried removing all fields and methods and it still gives the same
exception

*my class
@WebService (
        portName = "TestWebServicePort",
        serviceName = "TestWebService",
        targetNamespace = "http://xxx.com/wsdl",
        endpointInterface = "com.xxx.TestWebService")
@Stateless
public class TestServiceBean implements TestWebService {
  public Date2 getDate() {
	return null;
  }
}
@WebService (targetNamespace = "http://xxx.com/wsdl")
public interface TestWebService {

    public Date2 getDate();

}

public class Date2 extends Date implements Serializable {
}

Without this Date2 my web service is working ok.

Found a similar problem but i can't just use java.util.Date
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=248225&tstart=0

Any help will be much appreciated