tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Sébastien Scrève <jean-sebastien.scr...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Enum class loading in a session bean
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 16:56:11 GMT

Hi,

I have a pretty annoying problem with Enum types.

I have the following session bean implementation :

@WebService
@Stateless (name =
"net.atos.xastory.csm.contract.CatalogueStockManagementService")
@Local (CatalogueStockManagementService.class)
public class CatalogueStockManagementServiceImpl implements
net.atos.xastory.csm.contract.CatalogueStockManagementService {

	public Price getPrice() {
		return new Price();
	}

	private Currency getCurrency() {
		return net.atos.xastory.csm.core.product.Currency.EUR;
	}
}

Price is a POJO. Currency is an Enum type.
I have a Class Not Found exception on the Currency type at OpenEJB startup.
(OpenEJB + Tomcat).

I dug into the problem and I think I found the problem.

In TempClassLoader I see the following change :

// Annotation classes must be loaded by the normal classloader
// So must Enum classes to prevent problems with the sun jdk.
if (isAnnotationClass(bytes) || isEnum(bytes)) {
            return Class.forName(name, resolve,
getClass().getClassLoader());
}

isEnum was added recently and causes my problem. Was is the problem we want
to avoid with Jdk ?
Shouldn't we try loading from TempClassLoader first then do a
Class.forName() ?

I can fill up a JIRA if want to.

Regards,

Jean-Sébastien Scrève.