tomee-users mailing list archives

From Rinke Hoekstra <ri...@strohalm.nl>
Subject Installation Listener and JavaAgent in tomcat failed
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 19:00:48 GMT
Hi List.

I did not succeed in installing the listener and javaAgent for tomcat.

First I followed the automatic install to be found at
http://openejb.apache.org/tomcat.html. this failed, as tomcat reports
that it could not find catalina.sh.

Then I followed the manual installation at
http://openejb.apache.org/manual-installation.html.

this failed at the final point: "Add OpenEJB javaagent to Tomcat startup"
The menu says to copy the OpenEjb javaAgent.jar into the tomcat lib
directory. However, the JavaAgent.jar file is not existing.
And it says to change some lines in catalina.bat in the tomcat bin
directory, but that file doesn't exist either. Apparantly the newest
tomcat version doesn't use a catalina.bat anymore.

Question: is this all a problem? And if yes, how to install it?

Or is the dependancy of JavaAgent.jar already removed?? (and do the
sites need updating :-) )

OS: Windows XP
tomcat version: 6.0.18
ejb version: OpenEjb 3.1