tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and OSGi
Date Sun, 10 May 2009 13:34:02 GMT
Hi

Sorry for the delay. I've had a bit of a play around and created a sample
Equinox directory with the bundles needed for OpenEJB, and added some basic
instructions to the Wiki. The sample zip is available from
http://people.apache.org/~jgallimore/openejb-osgi.zip and the source code is
available from http://people.apache.org/~jgallimore/projects.zip

The page I added to the Wiki is here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/qMkB - please let me know if you have
any comments.

To build the projects I pointed you at, you'll need to run Maven at the
openejb-eclipse-plugin level the first time, this will go an download the
necessary Eclipse projects and add these to your local Maven repository.

Issuing the following at the openejb-eclipse-plugin level should work and do
what you're after:

mvn -Dassemble clean install eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse

See here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENEJB/Building+from+source for
more details. If you do encounter any issues with building the plugin,
please do post and let us know.

A couple of issues I noticed when putting this together:

* I encountered a ConcurrentModificationException caused by adding
System.getProperties() to a IStringVariableManager, commenting out line 44:
addPropertyVariables(System.getProperties()); in OpenEjbPlugin resolved
this, and everything seemed to work, but I don't know what the effect of
this will be - Deryck, do you have any thoughts on this?

* We make a fair bit of use org.eclipse.core.runtime.FileLocator which
converts URLs of resources in OSGi bundles to URLs on the file system - I
think I'm right in thinking that this is an Equinox / Eclipse specific thing
and probably won't work in other OSGi implementations. I think it would be
nice if we can find a way of not requiring org.eclipse.core.runtime or
org.eclipse.core.variables.

Jon