tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Sells <dse...@gmail.com>
Subject Spring MVC Annotations and OpenEJB
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:15:18 GMT
I have a general question with respect to the integration of Spring's MVC
and OpenEJB.  I have two small working applications:

1) A Spring 2.5 MVC webapp utilizing Annotations where ever possible
2) The OpenEJB SpringJPA Example

I am trying to combine these two applications and I am running into
difficulties which appear to be rooted in the exception:
NameAlreadyBoundException.

At first it was the Datasource which was present in the Bean definitions, I
moved this definition into the OpenEJB.xml in tomcat's conf directory (I
don't know why it stopped using the bean definition for the Datasource).

Then the exception moved to the viewResolver:

javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
ParsedName{path=openejb/Resource/viewResolver, component=viewResolver}

Is there an underlying incompatability problem here? I noticed that the
examples utlized Struts and JSF but not MVC have problems like these been
seen before?

Thanks,

David S.