tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jean-louis.monte...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and Seam integration
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:06:40 GMT

Hi,

AFAIK, JBoss Seam (Gavin King) was the first implementation of the JSR-299
Web Beans.
Since, this JSR has been renamed to “Java Context and Dependency Injection“
(a kind of Spring spec).

What are you looking for in Seam ?
I'm starting looking OpenWebBeans (JSR 299 implementation) and it looks like
interesting.

I tried Seam some month ago but the configuration was horrible (especially,
Embeddable JBoss). Today, RedHat strategy is not clear regarding embeddable
JBoss. So from my point of view, you are required to use JBoss AS because
there is no light weight container.

During a JBoss User Group, i had a demo from Sacha and it was impressive but
looking deeper, i was disappointed.

Jean-Louis