tomee-users mailing list archives

From JimOR <jimorou...@zoominternet.net>
Subject Eclipselink JPA RESOURCE_LOCAL PersistenceUnit with Tomcat embedded
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:12:11 GMT

When I deploy a webapp that contains a JPA resource_local model DAO tier, I
get some complaining from openejb, but the app seems to be functioning
properly.

I'm running eclipselink-1.1.2.v20090612-r4475 and Tomcat 6.0.20 with
embedded 3.1.1 build: 20090530-06:18 on WinXP with Java 1.6.0_05-b13.

The following gets thrown during Tomcat startup:
org.apache.openejb.UndeployException: Failed undeploying application:
id=C:\EclipseGalileoBase\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\sample
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication(Assembler.java:794)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:654)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:442)
	at
org.apache.openejb.tomcat.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.start(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:249)

[snip]

org.eclipse.persistence.transaction.JTATransactionController

And the following appears after creating the EntityManagerFactory:
WARNING: Found unrecognized persistence provider
"org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider" in place of OpenJPA
provider.  This provider's properties will not be used.

As I said, the app seems to be functioning correctly despite the warnings,
and the warnings don't appear if I compile against OpenJPA.  I can provide a
sample.war if requested.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Jim