tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Question about application discovery and EJB 3.0 compliance
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:40:39 GMT

On Jul 21, 2009, at 5:13 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> AFAIK, the ejb-jar.xml file is required by OpenEJB to discover ejb
> modules.
> I think for each ejb-jar, OpenEJB looks for ejb-jar.xml in the
> INDEX.LST
> file (jar specification) for performance reasons.

Right, we don't scrape every class on the classpath for performance
reasons.  Being able to narrow down the searching scope dramatically
improves performance.

Recursion, check out the section titled "Including/Excluding paths
(advanced)" on the page you mention.  It should answer your question.
If not definitely let us know and we can improve that document.

-David