tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: MDB to listen to Tibco JMS
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:20:21 GMT

On Jul 15, 2009, at 11:36 PM, DimasOwl wrote:

> hi, David
> They couldn't provide such file
> Actually the only available way is to use standard approach:
> create InitialContext and get connectionfactory, and topic by their
> jndi
> names
>
> For us it is slightly more complicated as we have to use LDAP server
> as
> mediator between Tibco and client application.
>
> I've found next page
> https://genericjmsra.dev.java.net/docs/tibco-genericjmsra-integration-sample-doc/Integrating_Sun_Java_System_Application_Server_with_Tibco_JMS_using_the_Generic_Resource_Adapter_for_JMS.html
>
> Looks like that is client's responsibility to create resource
> adapter. I
> believe I have all necessary settings to do that. Could you tell me
> is there
> more simple way to generate adapter. I don't want to install Sun's
> server

According to that doc it seems Sun has a Resource Adapter that works
with any JMS implementation, such as Tibco.  If you can get that
Resource Adapter and it does work with other app servers like a
Resource Adapter should, then it should be possible to package the
Resource Adapter (the .rar file) in your ear and deploy it into OpenEJB.

Seems like the doc also mentions some fairly important <activation-
config> settings which you could just as easily include in your ejb-
jar.xml or via the @ActivationConfig annotation.

I am not sure of any needs that the Resource Adapter or Tibco may
have, but any compliant and *portable* Resource Adapter will work in
OpenEJB.  I can't guarantee that the Resource Adapter/Tibco setup
mentioned in that doc is both of those things, but we can hope :)

-David