tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: weblogic support and <destination-jndi-name>
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:48:00 GMT

On Jul 20, 2009, at 6:33 AM, John_canada wrote:

> I have further questions:
> 1. How to deploy in jboss and weblogic (is it as same as for tomcat)?

I haven't worked on either of those app servers, so I can't really
advise.  Our "weblogic support" isn't about supporting weblogic the
app server, but more focused on making it easier for people with
compliant applications that deploy into weblogic to also deploy into
OpenEJB (or Tomcat with OpenEJB integrated).

> 2. for the lookup URL, when using http, when using ejbd?
> 3. in terms of performance, which lookup URL is better, http vs. ejbd?

When OpenEJB is deployed into Tomcat, the http approach is definitely
the recommended approach.  It should be noted that when running over
HTTP, we are still using the ejbd protocol, it's just layered on top
of HTTP and thus gets all the benefits HTTP gives you such as
tunneling, not having any extra ports open, being able to lock down
access to the '/openejb/ejb' URI path, etc.

In terms of performance we haven't done any tests against the raw ejbd
vs Tomcat's http+ejbd.  We have done some performance tests with the
raw ejbd vs. Jetty's http+ejbd.
The ejbd approach had a slight advantage with a small number of
clients doing an extremely high volume of calls with primitives as
return values and method arguments.  Aside from that there were more
or less the same.

-David