tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Spring MVC Annotations and OpenEJB
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:18:50 GMT
Hi David,

On Jul 23, 2009, at 6:15 PM, David Sells wrote:

> I have a general question with respect to the integration of
> Spring's MVC
> and OpenEJB.  I have two small working applications:
>
> 1) A Spring 2.5 MVC webapp utilizing Annotations where ever possible
> 2) The OpenEJB SpringJPA Example
>
> I am trying to combine these two applications and I am running into
> difficulties which appear to be rooted in the exception:
> NameAlreadyBoundException.
>
> At first it was the Datasource which was present in the Bean
> definitions, I
> moved this definition into the OpenEJB.xml in tomcat's conf
> directory (I
> don't know why it stopped using the bean definition for the
> Datasource).
>
> Then the exception moved to the viewResolver:
>
> javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
> ParsedName{path=openejb/Resource/viewResolver, component=viewResolver}
>
> Is there an underlying incompatability problem here? I noticed that
> the
> examples utlized Struts and JSF but not MVC have problems like these
> been
> seen before?

Not what could cause that other than there is already a component
called viewResolver in that Spring context or the Spring context in
another webapp -- the current code isn't real forgiving about that.

Do you know if that might be the case?

If you don't have any issues sharing your spring.xml file, we're happy
to take a look.  Your openejb.log should have some good info we can
use as well.

Feature requests welcome -- all that spring support has been pretty
much user driven.

-David