tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Eclipselink JPA RESOURCE_LOCAL PersistenceUnit with Tomcat embedded
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 00:23:55 GMT
Hi Jim!

On Jul 30, 2009, at 1:12 PM, JimOR wrote:

> The following gets thrown during Tomcat startup:
> org.apache.openejb.UndeployException: Failed undeploying application:
> id=C:\EclipseGalileoBase\.metadata\.plugins
> \org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\sample
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb
> .assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication(Assembler.java:794)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb
> .assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:654)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb
> .assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:442)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb
> .tomcat.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.start(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:
> 249)
>
> [snip]

> org.eclipse.persistence.transaction.JTATransactionController
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

At line Assembler.java:794 we preemptively create an UndeployException
at the beginning of every undeploy and fill in with information and
only throw at the end of undeployment if issues are found.  So in this
case the snip'ed out part as the data we need.  If you could post
that, that would be great.

> And the following appears after creating the EntityManagerFactory:
> WARNING: Found unrecognized persistence provider
> "org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider" in place of OpenJPA
> provider.  This provider's properties will not be used.

That's definitely very strange indeed.  That's a very unfamiliar error
message to me and is very out of character for us to complain that you
are using a different JPA provider.  I looked and cannot find that
error string anywhere in our code.  I'd try adjusting your logging
settings so the category is printed with the message as that might
help us figure out where the message is coming from.

-David