tomee-users mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Startup Performance
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 14:15:06 GMT
I think you forgot to attach the log. Before you do, can you perhaps
embed the output directly into the e-mail. This allows nabble users to
also view the log, and thus future folks to solve their problems
quicker/less effort.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Vikrant Yagnick
<Vikrant.Yagnick@mastek.com> wrote:
> Hi Quintin,
>
> Here is a typical startup log. There are a lot of EJB's for sure, but significant time
is taken while assembling the app. (Is that when it searches for the EJB classes?)

> Cheers,
> Vikrant

there is no more delay. I need to figure out a way to initialize it automatically when the
main container starts-up (rather than on the first request to the application).

>> The pain really is while we are in development as for any small change requiring
a container re-start openEJB needs to re-create the entire application assembly.

>> We initialize openEJB using openejb.conf and set the following:
>> <Deployments dir="classes" />
>>
>> The "classes" folder contains a META-INF folder which in-turn has the ejb-jar.xml.
>>
>> I apologize if this sounds like a real newbie question, but is there a better way
for us to do this?

>> Cheers,
>> Vikrant

Limited, unless specifically indicated to that effect. Mastek Limited does not accept any
responsibility or liability for it. This e-mail and attachments (if any) transmitted with
it are confidential and/or privileged and solely for the use of the intended person or entity
to which it is addressed. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence
of computer viruses. It is the responsibility of the recipient to run the virus check on e-mails
and attachments before opening them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly delete
this e-mail from desktop and server.

--
Quintin Beukes