tomee-users mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: Maven OpenEJB 2.2-SNAPSHOT question
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:26:04 GMT
It was actually files put there from a Geronimo 2.2 svn branch build.
For some reason maven keeps trying to update them from
download.java.net. I've found that i can stop this by "touch"ing them,
thereby updating their modification timestamps. But this is only for 5
minutes or so. Then it starts again. The I've also tried fetching the
OpenEJB trunk and building that, but as you mentioned that won't fix
it, as it updates 3.2 OpenEJB snapshots. I'll try the 3.1 OpenEJB
branch and see if they remove those update attempts.

The only explanation i have is because it's a snapshot, Maven keeps
trying to fetch the latest. The only way to completely disable it is
to enable offline mode, but then I have to enable it everytime I need
to legitimately fetch a dependency. These updates slow down builds by
a lot. And to have a dedicated terminal in which I keep running "touch
openejb-core*" is just redundant.

So, 2 questions. If I want to build OpenEJB 3.1.2-SNAPSHOT, where in
SVN can I find it?
I have this SVN directory: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk
I had a look in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/branches, but
can't find a 3.1.2

Then lastly, When I build the trunk, it doesn't build an openejb-core.
Why is that?

Quintin Beukes