tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jean-louis.monte...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Startup Performance
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:05:53 GMT

Vikrant Yagnick-2 wrote:

> 2)      OpenEJB builds up the application assembly everytime we start the
> webtogo server(it is a disguised Oracle 10.1.3 Standalone OC4J Server) on
> the client.  This does take 2-3 minutes due to the number of EJB's we
> have. Is there a way for OpenEJB to persist this application assembly so
> that when it startups a second time, it does not build the entire assembly
> again. This way there will be no delay if the server has to be re-started.

Hi,

AFAIK, this feature is only available in Geronimo.
Each time OpenEJB bootstraps, assembly occurs.

You can probably optimize startup delay using include/exclude.
http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/application-discovery-via-the-classpath.html

It should reduce startup delay. Let us know if not.
Hope it helps,

Jean-Louis