tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 Singleton in Container Question
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:47:08 GMT

On Sep 8, 2009, at 6:41 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> Take for instance a real world example. I want to strap all my classes
> with AOP interceptors, for auditing purposes. This way I can record
> what each user did, without having to add a bunch of code into each
> method. I can also disable it for certain users, and easily modify
> it's behaviour. Perfect example of where AOP is a life saver.

Sounds like a regular EJB Interceptor would work.  Something
configured globally.

> How difficult would it be to integrate OpenEJB 3.1 into Geronimo?

The pending Geronimo 2.2 uses our current trunk which is 3.1.2.  We're
in the process of finishing up issues/bugs for 3.1.2 also waiting on
another xbean release.  Geronimo 2.2 is good to go TCK wise and is
branched and frozen simply waiting for the 3rd party releases from
OpenEJB, ActiveMQ, XBean and a few others.  We're looking at another
week or two before Geronimo 2.2 can go up for a vote.

-David