tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problem when scanning for applications in a Manifest Classpath
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:40:48 GMT

On Sep 8, 2009, at 6:56 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> 1. An option along the lines of <Distribution dir="/some/dir">, to
> load only certain JARs as applications.

The option "openejb.deployments.classpath=false" will make it so the
only way to load a jar is via <Deployment> entries in an openejb.xml.
I'd go the include/exclude route though.

> 2. an option disableClasspathEAR (which disables a whole classpath
> being interpreted as an EAR

That option is "openejb.deployments.classpath.ear=false" which will
make OpenEJB treat each module it finds as it's own standalone
application not related or capable for referring to the other
applications in the classpath.  Doesn't sound like what you want.

> , in other words not all JARs are loaded as
> apps).

That option is "openejb.deployments.classpath.exclude" and if you need
it "openejb.deployments.classpath.include".  Those are documented here:

   http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/application-discovery-via-the-classpath.html

Note by default these settings will only affect which jars OpenEJB
will scan for annotated components when no descriptor is found. If you
would like to use these settings to also filter out jars that do
contain descriptors, set the
openejb.deployments.classpath.filter.descriptors property to true. The
default is false.

Hope this helps!

-David