tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Error in OpenEJB
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 01:30:21 GMT

On Sep 16, 2009, at 6:16 AM, Vikrant Yagnick wrote:

> Further to this,
>
> I changed the line in red  below to:  throw new
> AccessException(exc.getMessage(),exc);
>
> This removed the java.lang.IllegalStateException, but then I kept
> getting :
>
> 16/9/2009 15:45:25--Controller : doPost---Unauthorized Access by
> Principal Denied; nested exception is:
>                javax.ejb.EJBAccessException: Unauthorized Access by
> Principal Denied
> com.mastek.eElixir.common.exception.EElixirException: Unauthorized
> Access by Principal Denied; nested exception is:
>                javax.ejb.EJBAccessException: Unauthorized Access by
> Principal Denied
>

> However, a change of JDK Versions from JDK 1.5_07 to 1.5_19 makes
> this error go away!!!!
>
> I will try and see if I can make a small testcase to post to this
> list. But, is anyone aware of a minimum JDK patchset requirement for
> openEJB.

That is definitely a VM bug.  Digging around the Sun bugdatabase shows
a couple interesting items:

"RemoteException.initCause() always throws IllegalStateException"

(note AccessException is a subclass of RemoteException)

That was marked as a duplicate of this bug fixed in Sun JDK 1.5
(likely between 1.5_07 and 1.5_19):

After digging around with this one for the last couple hours I recall
that this was on our radar at one point and we had eliminated all
initCause() calls on RemoteException and subclasses.  I just did a
recursive search for RemoteException subclasses then searched for
usages of each subclass individually and found another 3-4 calls left.

I have those fixed up and a jira filed and closed here:

Thanks for reporting this!

-David