tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Security Concern
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 02:07:38 GMT

On Oct 9, 2009, at 1:31 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> Though what I was wondering about is, since you can change which
> login.config file should be loaded by the system property, could a new
> one be loaded, or does this code get executed ONLY once?

That I don't know.  We set the 'java.security.auth.login.config'
property at startup and it's the VM that does the reading.  We do
attempt a "null" login at startup in attempts to eagerly flush out any
issues with the config file.  Not sure if the VM will consult that
property again.

If you find out, definitely share.  You have me curious as well.

-David