tomee-users mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject EJB HTTP protocol
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:27:24 GMT
Hey,

I read a thread on OpenEJBs performance (http://is.gd/4bMYZ), and
that's a major improvement, ending up in truly great performance. I
don't believe in comparative benchmarks as a "say-it-all judge-all",
but when I had performance issues on Glassfish I was looking for ways
to strip it down to make it faster, and in the process found that
people weren't even getting above 1000 txs/second.And these were with
empty session beans, purely testing the creation/destruction and
turnaround of the remote EJB protocol/setup.

I just want to confirm something. If I find I need the performance
increase when my clients increase to close to/over a hundred, I should
change the java.naming.provider.url property to
"http://localhost:4204/ejb", from the alternative
"ejbd://localhost:4201" ? This will then be what is mentioned in the
thread, ie. the http over jetty code setup?

Quintin Beukes