tomee-users mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <my.repr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: TimerService from EJB 3.1
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:05:35 GMT
Well cron style works as well, with an interesting little caveat due to the fact that any timers
that went off while the app server were down should be run when restarted during a failure.
 I'm working on a project around this principal actually, converting a bunch of old perl scripts
to something a bit more modern.  We ended up using a standalone process w/ openejb and created
a scheduler based on the scripts.  It works good, but when I start the container all of the
jobs kick off, but then resume typical operation.

Ironically, it's exactly what the spec describes to be what should happen.

- John

-----Original Message-----
From: Quintin Beukes [mailto:quintin@skywalk.co.za]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:06 AM
To: users@openejb.apache.org
Subject: Re: TimerService from EJB 3.1

That's interesting. I thought timers were 3.1. About 14 months ago I
was looking high/low for a way to schedule routine tasks
(hourly/daily/etc - the cron type of things) in my EE app, and
everyone the appserver list told me I'd need to use JMX as that's the
only option. Timers would have done the trick, even though @Schedule
is closer to cron.

Thanks.

Quintin Beukes