tomee-users mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <my.repr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: EJB injection does not seem to work when using mapped name annotation attribute
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:03:58 GMT
Are these separate JAR files?  Is there a mappedName for the
@Stateless/@Stateful EJB?

-----Original Message-----
From: Totsline, Greg [mailto:greg.totsline@lmco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:50 PM
To: users@openejb.apache.org
Subject: EJB injection does not seem to work when using mapped name
annotation attribute

Hi -

When using OpenEJB3.1 and 3.1.1 we are noticing that when we use the
'mappedName' attribute of the @EJB annotation, OpenEJB does not seem to
successfully inject the EJB.  For example:

@EJB(mappedName="FooImpl/Local")
Foo myInjectedFoo;              // does not work, always null

@EJB
Foo myOtherInjectedFoo; // works

We noticed that the mappedName problem only occurs when the injected bean is
used by a outside it's own Eclipse project (i.e. Project A injects Foo into
one of its SLSBs, but Foo is defined in Project B).

Can someone help or suggest a work around?

Many Thanks.

-greg