tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Fetching a Persistence Context
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:46:24 GMT

On Oct 15, 2009, at 8:33 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> Hi Quintin,
>
> you can use JNDI to get a reference.
> Have a look here
> http://www.nabble.com/Lookup-EntityManager-from-Stateless-EJB-Session-Bean-td24708299.html#a24737449
> http://www.nabble.com/Lookup-EntityManager-from-Stateless-EJB-Session-Bean-td24708299.html#a24737449

Wish I could delete that thread from the archive -- I should never
have given out those internal details.  It's not portable and it is
not even guaranteed to work in OpenEJB in the future.  That whole
hashcode thing is a really ugly workaround and I'd really like to find
another way to do that chunk of code.

The @PersistenceContext can be used to make things available in JNDI
for lookup and is what should be used -- that or a <persistence-
context-ref> entry in xml.

I'm not sure why this page is formatted so strangely, but it has the
right info:

   http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/persistence-context-ref.html

This is the wiki version which looks better:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENEJBx30/persistence-context

-David