tomee-users mailing list archives

From Martin Elkjær <mar...@elkjaer-it.dk>
Subject Where to place my third party jars ?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:11:34 GMT
Hi,

Just started using OpenEJB last week - but so far I'm very satisfied!
I've migrated an web application running on Tomcat with GWT on top an
Hibernate in the bottom. So far every things seems to be running, but I need
some advice for fine-tuning. I've read through the documentation, but some
questions still keeps coming... :-)

1. Where should I place 3rd party libs for my application ? If I put them in
WEB-INF/lib the openEJB startup is very very slow - guess it is because it's
scanning all the jars - if I put them in the openEJB/lib folder it starts
very fast. So my question is: Is there a way to tell OpenEJB not to scan the
whole WEB-INF/lib folder but only WEB-INF/classes ??

2. I'm planning to use JMS in the near future.
My plan is to use ActiveMQ in embedded mode, mostly because of the simple
setup and speed (same JVM). But is this OK ?
I've done some testing trying to use MySQL for storing messages, but it
doesn't seem to work (no tables are created in the database scheme?!?!) My
setup is :
<Resource id="My JMS Resource Adapter" type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
  # Broker configuration URI as defined by ActiveMQ
  # see http://activemq.apache.org/broker-configuration-uri.html

  BrokerXmlConfig broker:(tcp://localhost:61616)?useJmx=false

  # Broker address

  ServerUrl vm://localhost?async=true

  # DataSource for persistence messages

  DataSource jmsDatabase
</Resource>

<Resource id="jmsDatabase" type="DataSource">
  JdbcDriver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  JdbcUrl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jms
  UserName jms
  Password jms