tomee-users mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Remote EJB re-establish
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2009 13:58:17 GMT
Hey,

I might have asked this question before - though I can't find the mail, so
if I did, I deleted it.

Either way, I was pretty amazed yesterday. So much I'm not sure I imagined
it.

I had an open application that I've done some EJB invocations in. Then I
redeployed my EJBs. I went to the app and was able to continue without
problems. With GF I had to restart the app. Does OpenEJB handle this as I
think it did?

Secondly. This I know i've asked, though I'd just like to confirm it for
G2.2 with OpenEJB 3.1.2 and expand on it.
a) Does OpenEJB, when you create a remote context keep an open connection at
all times, or does it get a session key and have a detached session context?
b) If in either of these cases a connection fails, will it transparently
attempt to recover from this?

Quintin Beukes