tomee-users mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Odd OpenEJB Remote Connection Behaviour
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:14:42 GMT
Hey,

I have noticed something odd, not sure what is causing this.

When I have a client on machine A connecting to a remote OpenEJB
server on machine B everything works well. If I take the exact same
setup but I have another server running on machine A as well (so there
is a client+server  on machineA and a server on machineB), OpenEJB
successfully authenticated against machine B but then immediately
switches over all it's following connections to it's own machine (ie.
localhost).

I've noticed if there is no server on machineA with the client, then I
receive the following error on stdout:

WARNING [OpenEJB.client]: Failover: Cannot connect to server(s):
ejbd://0.0.0.0:4201 Exception: Cannot connect to server
'ejbd://0.0.0.0:4201'.  Check that the server is started and that the
specified serverURL is correct..  Trying next.

When the server is running, then this doesn't happen. I first noticed
this as follows:
1. I created a user on serverB
2. Authenticated the client against it which worked, so it obviously
connected to the server
3. Started capturing data. The client was showing the data is there,
but the server's database doesn't reflect it.
4. When I did a netstat I noticed a localhost :4201 connection.
5. I removed ALL users from the local machine, but it kept authenticating.
6. So I restarted the client and did a netstat, there was both a
localhost and 10.0.0.200 :4201 connection. The latter being in
TIME_WAIT.
7. Whenever I stop the server on the local machine all works well as intended.

Quintin Beukes