tomee-users mailing list archives

From thabach <b...@evolootion.ch>
Subject RAR deployment, ConnectionFactory Instantiation and JNDI.
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 21:24:43 GMT

Heya

I am implementing an outbound-resourceadapter. The RAR seems to deploy fine,
but the ManagedConnectionFactory's createConnectionFactory method is never
triggered by the container.

As I learned every application server has some complement to the ra.xml. In
JBoss for example there are the *-ds.xml files as mentioned in an
http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Unit-testing-code-containing-DirContext-resource-injection-p24836874.html
earlier post . In such *-ds.xml files, for example the JNDI name of the
instantiated ConnectionFactory object is given.

Instantiation of the ConnectionFactory object (the call to the
ManagedConnectionFactory's createConnectionFactory method) and binding to
JNDI registry is triggered by JBoss at *-ds.xml file processing.

I want to accomplish the same with OpenEJB. I found an ra.xml complementing
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/geronimo-raxml.html file  for Geronimo,
but see no JNDI name declaration in there and don't know how to apply it for
OpenEJB.

How does one configure matter for OpenEJB ? How to trigger the creation of a
ManagedConnectionFactory, the instantiation of the ConnectionFactory object
and the binding of the latter to JNDI ?

Any help very much appreciated, cheers, Christian.