tomee-users mailing list archives

From chrishumphrey <ch...@parallelsw.com>
Subject Java Web Start
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:24:50 GMT

Hi all,

I'm working on a project where I'm trying to deploy an evaluation version of
my app.  The app is built on top of openejb/openjpa.  I found a couple of
posts related to this, one that was a JIRA created (in 2005) to get openejb
working from a JWS installation (no activity at all).  One other post that
seemed closely related.  I'm getting an npe from
'org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader.getWebDescriptors(DeploymentLoader:1057)'
But I'm not sure the solution posted there would fit.

My system is using openejb 3.1.2, and works well outside of this issue.

Has anyone successfully deployed an app based on openejb, with JavaWebStart?
I'm not stuck to JWS either (not sure if there is an alternative), the app
can be deployed in anyway, but I don't want to pay anything to build an
evaluation install.

Is there another alternative to getting my 'embeded openejb' application
installed and running on a Windows box?