tomee-users mailing list archives

From thabach <b...@evolootion.ch>
Subject Connector, Message Inflow Dispatch Problem.
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:30:13 GMT

Greetings,

We are implementing a JCA resource adapter and are experiencing a strange
problem regarding dispatching incoming messages to the MDB pool. We have
implemented the standard mechanism for dispatching to the endpoint as shown
in this snippet (according to the J2EE Connector Architecture Spec -
November 2003, section 12.5.1) :

OurMessageListener endpoint =
(OurMessageListener)_messageEndpointFactory.createEndpoint(null);

endpoint.onMessage(message);

We have exactly one acceptor thread receiving incoming messages which will
then hit the above code.  The problem we are experiencing is that after ten
messages we receive the following:

javax.resource.spi.UnavailableException: Only 10 instances can be created

And indeed we notice it uses each MDB instance exactly once until it runs
out. It seems as if MDB's are not being released back into the pool.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards, Christian & Jason.