tomee-users mailing list archives

From chrishumphrey <ch...@parallelsw.com>
Subject Re: Java Web Start
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 07:26:07 GMT

Hi Quintin,

I'm new to Java-Web-Start, but I think the problem is, the app comes down as
pure URL's, and when openejb loads it only recognizes files (in this load).
I think the JWS stuff does in fact write the files, but they run the app
with the URL's only, there is no (known to the JVM) file.  I'm looking at
converting things to not expect a file at all, just use the URL's all the
way through.
here is part of the method that causes the NPE:
       protected static File getFile(URL warUrl) {
             if ("jar".equals(warUrl.getProtocol())) {
                  String pathname = warUrl.getPath();

                 // we only support file based jar urls
                 i f (!pathname .startsWith("file:")) {
                     return null;
                 }
The 'if (!pathname .startsWith("file:")) {' return null;} --which is sent
into another method that causes the npe.

I'm not sure why this converts the URL into a file, cause the next thing it
does is converts the files back into a URL, so I think it can be removed...
I'm not sure whats around the corner though.

-chris