tomee-users mailing list archives

From Cae Fernandes <rag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NamingExpection: Name openejb is not bound in this Context
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:31:14 GMT

Thru the openejb 3.1 spring integration, I couldn't even get the servers to
boot (like if remotable wasnt turned on).

I did a openejb factory:

public class OpenEjbFactoryBean {

	private Properties properties;
	private Context context;

	public OpenEjbFactoryBean() {
		super();
	}

	public OpenEjbFactoryBean(Properties properties) throws NamingException,
IOException {
		this();
		this.properties = properties;
		this.context = (Context) new InitialContext(properties);
---

	<bean id="openEjbProperties"
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean" >
		<property name="location">
			<value>/WEB-INF/openejb.properties</value>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<bean id="openEjbFactoryBean"
class="br.com.noc.EjbFactory.OpenEjbFactoryBean"
		lazy-init="false" scope="singleton" depends-on="openEjbProperties">
		<constructor-arg ref="openEjbProperties" />
	</bean>

---
I pasted the openejb.properties at the other message.

Maybe the embeded version isnt supposed to have a openejb naming context?
Or it`s broken?

meetoblivion wrote:

> Hmmm ok good to know you're using spring then.  Are you attempting to look
> things up via spring objects or via EJBs?  Based on the spring integration
> page, it looks like there are a number of existing classes that are
> designed
> to help in this scenario:
>
> http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/spring.html
> And an example:
> http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/spring-ejb-and-jpa.html
>
> Just to understanding your structure better, are you listing all jar files
> in WEB-INF/lib for both OpenEJB and Spring?
>
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Cae Fernandes <ragedd@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The file is called openejb.properties and I load them with spring before
>> instantiation of InitialContext.
>> All parameters pass along fine, since all servers are started correctly
>> and
>> all ejb are instantiated also.
>>
>> If I telnet to openejb I can see all the naming contexts (openejb, comp,
>> comp/env).
>> But connecting to it thru ejbd I only see the queue message destination
>> bean
>> and the stateless session bean.
>>
>> Also on LocalInitialContextFactory InitialContext instance(at the server
>> side), I only see the same ejbs.
>> I did do a breakpoint exception at nullpointer, and a bunch of
>> nullpointerexceptions occur, a lot of them are expected too (I can tell
>> because of comments).
>>
>> Maybe in version 3.1.2 something was screwed up.
>>
>> meetoblivion wrote:
>> >
>> > Sounds like an error in your jndi.properties.  Based on your other
>> > comment,
>> > could be something to do with classloading as well.
>> >
>> > Can you post a bit more sample code?
>> >
>> > Something like this:
>> >
>> > new InitialContext().lookup("java:openejb/Resource/mySqlDatabase");
>> >
>> > Will be unlikely to work unless you specify everything correctly in
>> > jndi.properties.  To force loading jndi.properties, I end up doing
>> > something
>> > like this:
>> >
>> > p.load(new FileInputStream(jndiFile));
>> > InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(p);
>> >
>> > The second line here is the IC that actually creates the openejb
>> server,
>> > at
>> > least in my case (embedded).  Are you doing unit testing? Embedded?
>> Tomcat
>> > based?  As long as I invoke against that IC it's fine.  In my EJBs I do
>> > have
>> > EJBContext for looking up objects.
>> >
>> > - John

>> actually.

>> java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory

>> Reserved.

Will