tomee-users mailing list archives

From Andy Gumbrecht <andy.gumbre...@orprovision.com>
Subject Re: HBM2DDL tool throws a java.sql.SQLException exception (Auto-commit can not be set while enrolled in a transaction)
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:27:43 GMT
I had a very similar scenario - but could not really decide if this is
actually a bug or feature.

I am sort of leaning towards 'bug' after 1. Having a look at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.DeployerEjb, and 2. Having written my own
workaround.

I had written my own deployer ejb due to the fact that I have special
case dynamic deployments with build numbers, i.e. app.build.1.jar and
app.build.2.jar for example.

I also noticed this exact same java.sql.SQLException: Auto-commit issue.

My solution was to apply the following to my bean 'deploy' method:

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NEVER)

This resolved the issue, and I believe that this would also apply to the
org.apache.openejb.assembler.DeployerEjb 'deploy' method.

This attribute obviously disables any transaction (of which the
persistence-unit is a subscriber) during the deployment.

I have not reported this as an issue, as I have not had the time to see
how other containers react given a similar scenario.

Your post has prompted me to answer this though.

Best regards,

Andy.

On 13.11.2009 14:13, Keulkeul wrote:
> I'm using an OpenEJB standalone server for deploying a sample application
> which contains a set of POJOs (EJB Entity using JPA and Hibernate
> technologies) and services.
>
> The schema of the database (DDL) is obtained by the hbm2ddl tool (the
> following property is configured into the persistence.xml (<property
> name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update" />)). Unfortunately, during the
> hbm2ddl schema update step an exception is occurred (java.sql.SQLException:
> Auto-commit can not be set while enrolled in a transaction).
>
> Here is the scenario which leads to my problem
>
> - I'm starting an OpenEJB standalone server (openejb.bat start)
> - I'm deploying my sample application sample.jar (openejb.bat deploy
> d:\openejb-3.1.2\sample.jar)
>
> The deploying is working. sample.jar file is copied into the Apps directory
> of the OpenEJB directory. In checking the hibernate logs, i noticed that all
> POJOs are binded with its associated table. However when hbm2ddl schema
> update tool is started, i have a set of type exception
> java.sql.SQLException: Auto-commit can not be set while enrolled in a
> transaction.
>
> On the other side, if the OpenEJB standalone server is not yet started and
> if i copy directly sample.jar file into the Apps directory of OpenEJB
> installation (in fact, i have done an explicit deploy) and finally if i
> start the OpenEJB standalone server, the hbm2ddl schema update is working.
> All the tables are created into the database.
>
> Any idea about this problem ?

*Andy Gumbrecht*
Software Developer
Orpro Vision GmbH
Hefehof 8, 31785, Hameln

Tel +49 (0) 5151 809 44 21
Cell +49 (0) 174 1800 381
Email andy.gumbrecht@orprovision.com
Web www.orprovision.com

            Orpro Vision GmbH
            Sitz der Gesellschaft: 31785, Hameln
            USt-Id-Nr: DE264453214
            Amtsgericht Hannover HRB204336
            Geschaeftsfuehrer: Roberto Gatti

            Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich
            geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige
            Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
            informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie
            diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren, jegliche anderweitige
            Verwendung sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist
            nicht gestattet.

            This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
            information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
            received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
            immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
            copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the
            material or parts thereof is strictly forbidden.