tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problem Running quartz-app RAR JUnit Test
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 00:13:14 GMT

On Oct 27, 2009, at 12:54 AM, thabach wrote:

> Heya
>
> I am investigating RAR support in OpenEJB and was playing with the
> quartz-app from some earlier post (
> http://www.nabble.com/need-help-getting-quartz-ra.rar-file-to-deploy-td18531000.html#a18538001
> http://www.nabble.com/need-help-getting-quartz-ra.rar-file-to-deploy-td18531000.html#a18538001
> ).
>
> When running a top-level mvn clean install the tests are executed
> fine.
> Running the quartz-beans module test from within Eclipse as a JUnit
> test,
> leads to a problem in matching the message listener interface of the
> MDB
> against the message listener interface of the automatically deployed
> MdbContainer and yields this:
>
> org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Creating application failed:
> classpath.ear: Error deploying 'TimerJob'.  Exception: class
> org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Deployment 'TimerJob' has message
> listener interface org.quartz.Job but this MDB container only supports
> interface javax.jms.MessageListener: Deployment 'TimerJob' has message
> listener interface org.quartz.Job but this MDB container only supports
> interface javax.jms.MessageListener

It seems there's something about the way the Eclipse project is setup
that does not match the Maven setup.  If Eclipse isn't including the
META-INF/ra.xml file in the classpath, then OpenEJB will not be able
to see and deploy the resource adapter and create the required MDB
container.

Try a little test code like this to verify your Eclipse setup:

   import junit.framework.TestCase;

   import java.net.URL;

   public class ClasspathTest extends TestCase {

       public void test() throws Exception {

           URL raXml = this.getClass().getResource("META-INF/ra.xml");

           assertNotNull("There is no resource adapter in the
classpath", raXml);
       }
   }

Hope that helps!