tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: monitoring resource usage in OpenEJB
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 01:16:04 GMT

On Oct 27, 2009, at 7:32 AM, Francesco Iadanza wrote:

> Hi all,
> a couple of questions as I'm doing some tests with OpenEJB:
> - is there a way to get statistics about the pool size of ejb (SB /
> MDB) and
> of JMS queues used by OpenEJB?

Statistics is one feature we are lacking.  There has been a lot of
interest in this lately, though, so there is definitely going to be
some activity around this at some point.

> - how can I set a timeout on the connection I use to connect
> remotely to SB
> exposed through Tomcat?

In Tomcat, we piggy back on their http connector, so any server-side
timeout functionality they have should work.  I do not know if they
actually have any though.  They *should* have something that controls
the http Keep-Alive duration, but I don't know first hand.

On the client side for http we use the built in vm support
(java.net.HttpURLConnection).  We don't have anything setup for
configuring that in the 3.1.2 release, but I just added something for
you for next release.

Grab this class and include it right in your client code (change the
package of course):

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/HttpConnectionFactory.java

Then you can install it by calling this method in the client vm:

     HttpConnectionFactory customHttpFactory = new
HttpConnectionFactory();

org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.registerFactory("http",
customHttpFactory);

org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.registerFactory("https",
customHttpFactory);

Hope that helps!

-David