tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Optimizing the OpenEjb modules discovery
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:42:45 GMT

On Nov 2, 2009, at 1:11 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> David: Maybe a warning should be printed when using quotes? I think a
> warning is a better option than ignoring the quotes, for the odd
> occasion
> where someone actually meant to include the quotes? Something like:
> "WARN:
> Your exclude/include pattern is surrounded by quotes. Quotes are
> interpreted
> literally and will be treated as part of the pattern. If you did not
> intend
> your patterns might not work correctly."

Absolutely, doing something here would be a good idea.  Certainly the
quote thing threw me off.  Very good catch on your part.

The standard way I like to slice and dice these kinds of situations is
to make the behavior configurable and set the default to favor the
majority.

Stripping them off, logging a warning that we did so, and including
the configurable flag in the warning seems like the way to go.  We
might want to do that for all properties.

Now that I think about it I've done the quote thing myself thinking
that they'll be "understood" by java.util.Properties, which they aren't.

Kicking this over to dev@ so we can chat about how to roll this out.

-David