tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB 3.1.2 - "Cannot connect to server" WARNING message
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 01:21:43 GMT

On Oct 29, 2009, at 10:19 AM, bitz wrote:

> Good question.  I haven't configured a cluster.  I have one instance
> of
> Geronimo 2.2 running, and didn't make any changes to the default
> config.
> The client side code is a very simple test app.  At this point, I'm
> only
> doing some research and testing, nothing fancy.  Is clustering somehow
> enabled by default?

It is enabled by default, though it is designed so that it (should)
have no effect unless there actually *is* a cluster.  Clearly
something i s not lined up correctly.  I'll have a look in the code.

Can you post your related server side config?

-David

> Quintin Beukes-2 wrote:
>>
>> Are you using clustering?
>>
>> Quintin Beukes
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 1:05 AM, bitz <the_bitbucket@canada.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using Geronimo 2.2 which uses OpenEJB 3.1.2.  I have a client
>>> application
>>> which retrieves a remote EJB reference and makes a remote EJB method
>>> call.
>>> I'm seeing the following message being logged by the OpenEJB
>>> client on
>>> the
>>> client side...
>>>
>>> Oct 28, 2009 3:36:03 PM
>>> org.apache.openejb.client.StickyConnectionStrategy
>>> connect
>>> WARNING: Failover: Cannot connect to server(s): ejbd://0.0.0.0:4201
>>> Exception: Cannot connect to server 'ejbd://0.0.0.0:4201'.  Check
>>> that
>>> the
>>> server is started and that the specified serverURL is correct..
>>> Trying
>>> next.
>>>
>>> Well, the serverURL is not correct, and it's also not the one I
>>> provided.
>>> Here's a snippet of the client code...
>>>
>>> final URI serverURI = new URI( "ejbd", null, "192.168.0.1", 4201,
>>> null,
>>> null, null );
>>> final Properties contextProperties = new Properties( );
>>> contextProperties.put( Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
>>> "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory" );
>>> contextProperties.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL,