tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Quartz and OpenEJB
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 01:19:47 GMT

On Nov 19, 2009, at 1:38 AM, coder_joe wrote:

>> We don't have a formal tutorial, but the question has come up and
>> this
>> post gives quite a few details:
>> http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-need-help-getting-quartz-ra.rar-file-to-deploy-p18783086.html
>
> i downloaded the quartz-app.zip but can't get it working

Looks like the contents of the zip were simply outdated.  The thing
that prevented us from adding that example to our list of examples in
svn was the licensing -- we can't use LGLP code.  It's unfortunate as
that example shows people how to use Resource Adapters and it shows
how a great way to get Quartz going in an app.

This has bothered me for a while, so I finally bit the bullet and went
ahead and created an ASL licensed Quartz Resource Adapter.  It's
currently in the openejb-core jar, but we'll probably move it to a new
section where we can keep all our resource adapters.

I also fixed up that example to use it and added it to our svn:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples/quartz-app/

I published new 3.1.3-SNAPSHOT binaries, so all you should have to do
is check out the above example and run it.

Give this example a try and let us know how it goes!

-David