tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Davidson" <stephen.david...@etcc.com>
Subject RE: Maven + Jetty: Unknown JNDI name prefix
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:23:12 GMT
Greetings.

Well, works for Jetty 6.1.9, but is broken on Jetty 6.1.22.
Unfortunately, Jetty 6.1.9 hangs on maven Integration tests, but 6.1.22
will run.  I am going to do some digging to see if I can figure out what
version of Jetty this broke on.

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Davidson [mailto:stephen.davidson@etcc.com]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:49 PM
To: users@openejb.apache.org
Subject: RE: Maven + Jetty: Unknown JNDI name prefix

Nope.  Looks like the emails crossed.

Regards,
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Gallimore [mailto:jonathan.gallimore@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:31 PM
To: users@openejb.apache.org

Glad you solved it, thanks for letting us know. Are you still hitting
the
ClassNotFoundException in your other thread?

Jon

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Stephen Davidson
<stephen.davidson@etcc.com
> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Found out what was causing this, a conflict with Struts (v1.2.8 in
this
> case).  Specifically, this dependency;
>
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>struts</groupId>
>            <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
>            <version>1.2.8</version>
>        </dependency>
>
> This was imported from a parent pom for this module, and
(fortunately!)
> can be readily refactored.  And the Jetty/OpenEJB combo is only used
for
> build integration testing, so this won't be a production issue for me.
>
> Bottom line, I can kill that dependency, and I am good to go.  But
very
> surprised that Struts is causing that kind of conflict with OpenEJB.
> would have thought that the two could work together!
>
> Regards,
> Steve

org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@1f4cdd2{/ejb-test,fil

e:/C:/projects/UI_HCTRA/OLCSCEjbClient/../OLCSCWeb/public_html/;jar:file
> :/C:/Documents and

Settings/sdavidson/.m2/repository/com/etcc/olcsc/hctra/ui/web/2.1-488-SN
> APSHOT/web-2.1-488-SNAPSHOT.war!/;}
> javax.naming.NamingException: Unknown JNDI name prefix

'org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@1f4cdd2{_ejb-test,fi
> le:'
>        at

org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.IvmContext.lookup(IvmContext.java:128
> )
>        at

org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.IvmContext.lookup(IvmContext.java:278
> )
>        at

org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.ContextWrapper.lookup(ContextWrapper.
> java:111)
>        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:355)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plus.naming.NamingEntryUtil.getContextForScope(NamingE
> ntryUtil.java:172)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plus.naming.NamingEntryUtil.lookupNamingEntries(Naming
> EntryUtil.java:103)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plus.webapp.EnvConfiguration.bindEnvEntries(EnvConfigu
> raton.java:200)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plus.webapp.EnvConfiguration.configureWebApp(EnvConfig
> uraion.java:134)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1
> 247)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517
> )
>        at
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:467)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginW
> ebAppContext.java:115)
>        at

org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.ja
> va:152)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandle
> rCollection.java:156)
>        at

org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.ja
> va:152)
>        at

org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130
> )
>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
>        at

org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.jav
> a:132)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.
> java:441)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.jav
> a:383)
>        at

org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMo
> jo.java:210)
>        at
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:184)
>        at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
> nager.java:453)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
> LifecycleExecutor.java:559)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoa
> l(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:513)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
> ifecycleExecutor.java:483)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
> Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:331)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
> DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:292)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec