tomee-users mailing list archives

From freeway <...@qad.com>
Subject Re: How can OpenEJB ignore old webapps in Tomcat?
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:53:36 GMT

Hi Jean-Louis and forum,

I would like to press for this kind of enhancement to embedded OpenEJB: that
is, one that allows particular webapps in the Tomcat environment to be
included/excluded from its scope.

I am frankly amazed that such a basic feature was not built into the package
from the very beginning.  Production environments are not sandboxes, most of
them are shared with applications of various origins and ages, written in
different coding styles.  Not being able to limit the scope of OpenEJB in a
shared Tomcat environment raises grave doubts about whether we should use it
at all!  Otherwise, how can we ever be sure that some other webapp deployed
before or after OpenEJB will not break it?

I would be glad to discuss the point in more detail with the project team,
or provide other materials that would further progress.  (I could also
attempt my own hacks to your source code of course, but am much less
confident of success using that approach!)

Regards,
Fred