tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Accessing a Remote Weblogic EJB from an OpenEJB environment
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:10:19 GMT

On Dec 16, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Stephan Bauer wrote:

> Hi Jean-Louis,
>
> thanks! I tried this (with a simplified version of your regex) and
> now weblogic.jar is in fact no longer loaded as client app. But the
> problem is still there, because nevertheless weblogic.jar remains in
> the classpath and so the SAXParser still interferes. The cause of
> the exception now looks like this:
>
> Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
>   at
> weblogic
> .apache
> .xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1189)
>   at
> weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicXMLReader.parse(WebLogicXMLReader.java:135)
>   at
> weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:152)
>   at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:333)
>   at
> com
> .sun
> .xml
> .bind
> .v2
> .runtime
> .unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:194)
>   ... 48 more
>
> The OpenEJB startup has shown the following lines so you can see
> that the regex has been applied:

> INFO - Using 'openejb.deployments.classpath.exclude=.*/weblogic.*'
> INFO - Using 'openejb.deployments.classpath.filter.descriptors=true'
> INFO - Inspecting classpath for applications: 48 urls. Consider
> adjusting your exclude/include.  Current settings:
> openejb.deployments.classpath.exclude='.*/weblogic.*',
> openejb.deployments.classpath.include=''
>
> I have already tried to start tailoring the weblogic.jar (removing
> the SAXParser) but this lead to other errors. I think I would need a
> way to define, that the OpenEJB XML Parsing classes come before the
> weblogic.jar in the classpath. Is there a way to achieve this? Or
> are there any other ideas?

Think I have an enhancement for classpath scanning which will fix
this.  Give this binary a try with the default settings and see if it
doesn't work better for you:

  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.1.3-SNAPSHOT/openejb-standalone-3.1.3-20100113.224305-3.tar.gz
  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.1.3-SNAPSHOT/openejb-standalone-3.1.3-20100113.224305-3.zip

New 3.1.3-SNAPSHOTS have been uploaded to:

  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/

The enhancement is:

  OPENEJB-1130: Stricter ClientModule classpath discovery prevents
possible NameAlreadyBoundException
  [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1130 ]

-David