tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JCA support
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:51:15 GMT

On Jan 24, 2010, at 12:46 AM, Stephen Connolly wrote:

> Does OpenEJB support JCA?

Yes, indeed!

> Do I have to do anything special to get my rar archives detected
> from the
> classpath, or is it just the standard ejb-jar.xml approach?

They are a little trickier to deal with on the classpath of an
embedded scenario as in the case of a plain unit test for example, a
standard classloader doesn't understand how to read classes from a rar
file as it's essentially a jar containing other jars.  So you
basically have to "unwrap" your rar and include the plain jars in your
classpath then add a "META-INF/ra.xml" file somewhere in your classpath.

Here's an example that uses a Resource Adapter to run Quartz:

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples/quartz-app/

Hope that helps!

-David

--