tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to propagate security context from Jetty to OpenEJB?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 03:00:27 GMT

On Jan 25, 2010, at 6:32 AM, Geoff Callender wrote:

> I need advice on how to propagate the security context from (Jetty
> OpenEJB (3.1.1). My web pages can retrieve the Principal correctly
> but my
> EJB session bean methods only get "guest". Is this a known problem
> or am I
> doing something wrong?

It's not really a "problem" as much there is no OpenEJB/Jetty
integration yet, so the two simply don't know that each other exists.

It might not be that hard to write the security part.  The Tomcat
related security code is actually pretty small.

Bascially we just need a class like this one that wires the Jetty
security service into OpenEJB:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/assembly/openejb-tomcat/openejb-tomcat-catalina/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/tomcat/catalina/TomcatSecurityService.java

-David

--