tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How can OpenEJB ignore old webapps in Tomcat?
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:00:16 GMT

On Jan 26, 2010, at 8:23 AM, hatchetman82 wrote:

> we have a similar problem with openEJB deploying everything, only in
> our
> case the unneeded deployments are data sources.
> if such an ignore/exclude feature were to be implemented, would it
> also be
> possible to list datasources/persistence units to be excluded ?

We certainly could create some solution, though I'm not exactly sure I
understand what you need.

Currently DataSources are created in either the Tomcat server.xml or
the openejb.xml at a server level, or via a resource adapter's ra.xml
in the app.

Persistence units are definitely defined in the app and I can imagine
how we could just skip creating one.  The motivation is less clear.
I'm not sure why you'd put the persistence unit in the application if
you didn't want to use it.  Maybe some insight on what the ultimate
goal is could help us find the right feature.

-David