tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven + Jetty: Unknown JNDI name prefix
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2010 00:37:46 GMT
Hi,

I think I've got to the bottom of this, and now have something that starts
without error. A change was made in Jetty, which causes a context created
from the applications path name to be bound in JNDI. This seems to be an
issue on Windows, as the path has a colon in it after the drive letter,
which OpenEJB is rightly treating as a prefix in IvmContext.lookup() - I
grabbed your updated POM and ran it on my Linux machine, and it worked
straight away, which caused me to look again at the stacktrace, and I
realised what was happening.

I'm not sure if we can fix this on the OpenEJB side of things (I had a go,
but because we look for a : to identify a prefix, it was getting a bit
nasty) - perhaps someone else has some ideas? Anyway, I did manage to fix my
jetty-plus.jar - the fix is pretty straightforward:

http://svn.codehaus.org/jetty/jetty/branches/jetty-6.1/modules/plus/src/main/java/org/mortbay/jetty/plus/naming/NamingEntryUtil.java

just change the line just up from the bottom from:

str=str.replace('/', '_').replace(' ', '_');

to:

str=str.replace('/', '_').replace(' ', '_').replace(':','_');

I compiled up a version of jetty-plus-6.1.22 with this change, and put it
here: http://jrg.me.uk/jetty-plus-6.1.22.jar, if you want to copy it to your
local Maven repository to try it out.

I think its probably a good idea to follow this up on the Jetty mailing
list, but before I do, does anyone have any other thoughts?

Cheers,

Jon