tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Binding custom WebServiceContext problems.
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:24:35 GMT

On Jan 26, 2010, at 1:50 PM, andreessen wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I realized that I was wrong after I had
> posted my
> qustion - of course it is impossible. The idea of my qustion is to
> substitute MessageContext (or WebServiceContext) "on the fly" -
> using test
> objects instead real..

Sure it's impossible now, but you know, it's this kind of thing where
new features are born.  I've definitely imagined that people might
want to swap out entire beans with mock implementations for testing
and have sort of been mulling that over in my head for a while trying
to figure out how best it might be to do that.  But the idea of
swapping out WebServiceContext or any other context is one that hadn't
occurred to me.

I'd love it if you could provide an example scenario of how it might
be leveraged in a test.  You might be onto something neat.

-David