tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: ParsedName{path=openejb/client/foundation/comp/env, component=env}
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 00:32:10 GMT

On Jan 4, 2010, at 10:32 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2009, at 10:25 PM, Stephan Bauer wrote:
>
>> Nevertheless I would be interested in knowing why these jar files
>> get reflected in the JNDI in that "client" namespace...
>
> Just an FYI, this is high on my list of issues to look into.
> Basically it's due to jar files being added as Application Clients
> because they fit that definition per the Java EE spec (i.e. they
> have a Main-Class entry in the MANIFEST.MF).  I had thought that we
> tightened this up while in an embedded mode so that you had to also
> have a META-INF/application-client.xml file to qualify, but it seems
> that needs to be revisited.

An FYI that this issue was fixed:

   OPENEJB-1130: Stricter ClientModule classpath discovery prevents
possible NameAlreadyBoundException
   [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1130 ]

New 3.1.3-SNAPSHOT builds available here:

  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.1.3-SNAPSHOT

-David