tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jean-louis.monte...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Re: testing, @Local/@Remote
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:20:12 GMT

Hi

joe-2 wrote:

> I am quite new to OpenEJB and EJB3 in general, so many things are
> nebulous for me.

Welcome :)

joe-2 wrote:

> I guessed to make an EJB locally testable it has to implement an
> interface annotated with @Local.

Before EJB 3.1, @local was not required. If you have a bean implementing a
single interface, the container will assume it's the local interface. If you
implement more than one interface, you have to explicitly add the @Local
annotation.
Since EJB 3.1, a bean is not required to implement an interface (@local or
@remote).
As you already noticed, some details are available at
http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/simple-stateless-example.html

joe-2 wrote:

> But it seems i am wrong. My EJBs methods are also invokeable even if
> they implement an interface annotated
> with @Remote.
>
> So in general Remote-EJBs are locally invokeable? if yes whats the
> @Local for?
> Just to make EJB methods not invokeable for remote clients?
>
> in the "Simple Stateless Example"
> (http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/simple-stateless-example.html)
> two interfaces (with identical signatures) are used one with implicit
> @Local and one with @Remote annotation.
> Why, maybe some use case?

Can't remember if the spec clearly defines that point.

Jean-Louis