tomee-users mailing list archives

From amercieca <adrian...@onvol.net>
Subject OpenEJB with Tomcat - RMI Client?
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:16:21 GMT

Hi,

I've started out learning EJB3 and have come across OpenEJB; am very
impressed with it - It's easy to use and is helping me getting up to speed
quicky.

I have also got OpenEJB working with Tomcat (thanks to the drop-in war file
that just worked). I can now have servlets calling EJB's with DI and all
that.

One question... when I used the stand alone OpenEJB server, I can have plain
Java apps calling these EJB's remotely (looking up the context with
'ejbd://localhost:4201' etc).

If I use the embedded OpenEJB in Tomcat, allowing me to use EJB's from
servlets, would I be able to access the same EJB's from plain Java apps too?
(as I did with the stand-alone server?).

Thanks.
- Adrian.