tomee-users mailing list archives

From freeway <...@qad.com>
Subject Re: Webdav loading error on Tomcat startup
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:30:54 GMT

I looked at this issue again today and found a workaround through a little
unscientific trial and error.

To avoid the Tomcat startup errors when webapps are deployed that use
webdav, I copied the following JARs into the <OpenEJB webapp>/lib/ directory
from <Tomcat home>/server/lib/.

servlets-default.jar
servlets-webdav.jar

I then created a new JAR called 'openejb-catalina-utils.jar' by assembling
the org.apache.catalina.util.* classes from catalina.jar and
catalina-optional.jar, and copied it into <OpenEJB webapp>/lib/.

These JARs have fixed the problem so far, although I expect they include
more classes than would really be needed.

This problem is specific to Tomcat 5.5 not 6, as in Tomcat 6 the webdav
servlet and dependent classes are deployed in <Tomcat root>/lib/, and
therefore in the common classloader directory that is already accessible to
OpenEJB.  I suppose the root of the problem is the fact that the Tomcat 5.5
server/lib/ JARs are accessed only by the 'catalina' classloader, which does
not exist in Tomcat 6.