tomee-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject JPA 2.0?
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:13:47 GMT
Hello; I'm attempting to Frankenstein my way through getting an OpenEJB
3.1.3-SNAPSHOT instance up and running via LocalInitialContextFactory with a
JPA 2.0 provider.

I'm doing this in Maven.

So far, however, no matter what I attempt it seems like something,
somewhere, is picking up a JPA 1.0 PersistenceUnitInfo interface, so the
OpenJPA 2.0-SNAPSHOT distribution I'm trying to use runs into an interface
incompatibility (specifically, I get an error from deep in the bowels of
OpenJPA 2.0 telling me that javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceUnitInfo
doesn't have a getValidationMode() method, which it would if it were JPA
2.0).

Obviously the root of the problem is trying to get the JPA 2.0
javax.persistence.* interfaces and classes to show up first in the
classpath, so that they shadow anything that OpenEJB might be dragging along
with it (like, oh, say, the Java EE 5.0.x APIs, which include a 1.0 version
of javax.persistence).

Anyhow, has anyone actually shoehorned in OpenJPA 2.0 as OpenEJB's JPA
provider?

Thanks,
Laird